- This event has passed.
Regular Course: Course and Workshop on Transitional and Deltaic Static Modeling, from Structure to Uncertainty Analysis, with Real Demo
August 10 - August 14
Instructor: Abdul Latif Setyadi, ME
Rp 29.000.000 (Member) Rp 30.000.000 (Non-Member)
Course Notes, Course Materials, Working Lunches & Refreshment During the Course
Provide basic knowledge to construct robust static geological model, including necessary skill for reservoir modeler to test the static model dynamically before it is handed over to the reservoir engineer for dynamic reservoir simulation. Anyone from any discipline may get benefit by attending this workshop when the objective is to produce robust static reservoir modeling carbonate reservoirs.
This 5-day course and workshop comprises the topics from FDP’s static model requirements and practical workshop/application of construct static model in transitional environment reservoirs; from structural modeling, data analysis and variogram modeling, rock type/lithofacies modeling, petrophysical modeling to volumetric calculation. The real model will be constructed through this workshop.
Geophysicist, Geologist, and Petrophysicist, Petroleum (Reservoir/ Simulation Engineer) who is involved in building static reservoir model.
Course and Worlshhop
Constructing A Static Model:
• Structural Modeling (fault model construction, horizon modeling, data filtering, zonation, layering thickness optimization and grid construction).
• 3D grid iteration (optimum grid size and orientation, cell thickness iteration) and base case structural model selection.
• Well data upscaling, data analysis and transformation, variogramsetting and modeling.
Constructing Property Models
• Conceptual model of shallow marine reservoirs (sequence stratigraphy, sedimentology and lithofacies)
• Lithofacies/rock type modeling guided by seismic attribute
• Log upscalingto preserve heterogeneity in in porosity upscaling
• NTG modeling, is it necessary in 3D Static modeling?
• Building porosity model from upscaled log; kriging, simulation and conditional simulation
• Building permeability model; direct transform, cloud transform, corrected to well test (DST)
• Seismic integration into the model
• Construct Laverett J-function to build watersaturation model
Volumetric Calculation, Uncertainty and Sensitivity Analysis
• Setting and selecting proper uncertainty analysis in stochastic simulation (scenario and realization, setting uncertainty factor and distribution)
• Selecting representative model from uncertainty analysis (probability distribution, running P50 simulation, etc.)
• Sensitivity analysis
Training Method, Materials and Program:
• The course and workshop will be delivered in the form of classroomexposition, computer/software application with case studies and open discussion. Workshop materials will be handed out as hard and soft copy
• Actual field problems, which are about to bring to the workshop, will be presented and discussed in the class and shared to find recommendation as a specific solution
• Course and Workshop itinerary, materials and program will be provided and prepared by the organizer.
About The Instructor
Abdul Latif Setyadi holds Bachelor Degree in Geology from Gajah Mada University and Master Degree inPetroleumEngineering from InstitutTeknologi Bandung (ITB). He brings a wealth 19 years of internationalexperience in a variety assignment with ARCO, Chevron, BP, ADCO, Total, Petronas and various worldwide subsurface consultancies. He is an expert geomodeler with lecturing international workshops experiences.
He has a deep expertise in various geomodeling applications (Petrel, RMS andJewelSuites) and impressive detail analysis and geosciences interpretation. He has extensive experience in reservoir modeling with specializes in geostatistical modeling. He has conducted numerous analyses in sedimentology and sequencestratigraphy, geological modeling and geostatistics (deterministic to stochastic modeling from structural, discrete/facies, property, up-scaling, volumetric and uncertainty through well planning), fracture and karst modeling, reservoircharacterization and risk analysis in both siliciclastic and complex carbonate reservoirs.
Abdul LatifSetyadi has studied various reservoirs in deltaic Central Sumatra Basin (Indonesia); platform carbonate in South Sumatra Basin (Indonesia); platform carbonates, alluvial, shallow marine sediments and volcaniclastics of Northwest Java Basin (Indonesia); platform carbonates of onshore Rub al-Khali Basin (United Arab Emirates);Mahakam delta of Kutei Basin (Indonesia), deltaic – coastal environment of Sarawak and Sabah Basin (Malaysia),fluvial reservoir of Cuulong Basin (Vietnam), deltaic environment of Pattani Basin (Gulf of Thailand), coastal sediments of Taranaki Basin (New Zealand) and carbonates of Northeast Java Basin (Indonesia).
Information and Registration
Phone/Fax : (+62-21) 5250040
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Direct phone to : Arida Chyntia Andriani (+6281288924225)
Joko Andi Wibowo (+6281220091006)